

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 15th July 2024 at 7:30pm at Bisham Abbey.

Attendees: Councillors: Jim Cooke (JC) (Chair), Alan Keene (AK), Ged Wylie (GW), Colin Lemmings (CL) Jo Kersey (JK)

Ward Cllrs: Cllr Mandy Brar

Public Forum

One Member of the Public noted that the area next to the car park has been turfed and two fruit trees planted.

One Member of the Public reported that the Cain Bio work on Bisham Brook had been cancelled due to flooding concerns raised by a local resident who felt that the work would increase risk of flooding in the area. As a result, the member of the public stated that he would no longer be working on Brook restoration work in the village. JK, who has a personal relationship with the resident in question, stated that they had been significantly affected by flooding on the Brook and was seeking reassurance. JC noted that the Parish Council would need to consider the matter in detail.

One Member of the Public said that their concern was that there was insufficient communication about the project and would appreciate more notice about any intended works to the Brook. CL stated that he would still be working with local residents to restore the Brook and felt that there had been numerous opportunities for residents to relay their concerns. AK reported that he had attended a recent rural forum where the Bisham Brook Restoration had been discussed favourably.

One member of the Public reported that they had been communicating with RBWM since 2022 regarding the introduction of traffic calming measures in the village, noting a lack of response and the signposting to generic mailbox emails. Cllr Brar stated that she had responded on the matter and has raised the issue internally. Cllr Brar to discuss with lead member. JC noted that the traffic calming measures, speed limits and parking issues need to be considered holistically.

One member of the Public felt that the speed limit through the village needed to be reduced. CL reported that there was a Speed Indication Device in the village, which isn't used.

One member of the Public reported that they had tripped on Marlow Bridge due to the planks being uneven, and feels that it won't be long until the bridge has to be closed due to poor maintenance. AK noted that Marlow Bridge was under the remit of Bucks Council, not RBWM or Bisham Parish Council. JC thought there were no plans to close the bridge. The resident had noted that ad-hoc maintenance had been undertaken. Cllr Brar had received communication from Bucks saying the bridge would be closed for repair.

One member of the Public reported that the vegetation was still affecting sightlines on Bisham Roundabout. CL noted that had been cut earlier that day but had been done badly.

One member of the Public noted that vegetation was overgrown along Quarry Wood Road and pedestrians were forced into the road. JC noted that that this had been a regular complaint. Cllr Brar reported that notices had been served to landowners. GW recommended using the Report It feature on the RBWM website, as this flags it to the contractors to deal with. Cllr Brar reported that there is

no schedule in place with Tivoli until the contract renewal in autumn. Cllr Brar stated that even ward Cllrs will use Report It to flag issues and obtain a case number. Cllr Brar agreed to report these issues on behalf of the resident.

Part One

39. Apologies for absence

Cllr Derek Oliver (DO)
Barry Malki (BM)

40. Declarations of Interest

AK declared a non-prejudicial Interest in 24/01623.

41. Minutes of Meeting 17th June 2024

AK asked about Section 37 asking if the Draft Agenda scheme had been agreed. CL noted that it had been agreed.

It was resolved that the minutes were a true and accurate record of the meeting.

42. Matters Arising

JC reported an update from BM on the following matters.

- GW reported on the Stubbings Green Waste planning issue and apologised for not attending the Panel meeting, noting that the issue in question wasn't the Green Waste facility itself, but the siting of the facility.
- GW reported that the inspector had dismissed the Maidenhead Business Park application, citing traffic concerns, inappropriate development and non-conformance with Borough Policy. GW was still following up with RBWM for information.
- Cllr Brar noted that the Burchetts Green bus route was changing, and asked for any comments to be sent to her when more information is presented.
- GW noted that the RoSPA report hadn't been presented. BM to chase.
- GW asked if there was enough logistical support for flooding emergencies, noting that an issue had occurred earlier in the year when JC and CL was away. CL noted there was enough capacity, and that a local resident had kindly stepped in to help.

43. Planning

Appn. Date: 19th June 2024 Appn No.: 24/01461

Type: Cert of Lawfulness of Proposed Dev

Proposal: Certificate of lawfulness to determine whether the proposed single storey rear extension and single storey outbuilding is lawful.

Location: Magnolia Cottage Bisham Road Bisham Marlow SL7 1RL

Determination Date: 14 August 2024

Cllrs Comments: Cllrs were negative to this application and objected on the grounds that there is insufficient information regarding flood mitigation.

Appn. Date: 17th June 2024 Appn No.: 24/01468

Type: Discharge of Condition

Proposal: Details required by Condition 3 (Archaeology) of planning permission 23/01982/FULL

for the erection of green waste store.

Location: National Sports Centre Bisham Village Bisham Abbey Marlow Road Bisham Marlow SL7 1RR

Determination Date: 12 August 2024

Cllrs Comments: No comment

Appn. Date: 18th June 2024 Appn No.: 24/01482

Type: Works To Trees In Conservation Area

Proposal: 2no. Cedar trees - fell, Conifer trees on west boundary - fell.

Location: Little Weir Cottage Quarry Wood Road Marlow SL7 1RQ

Determination Date: 30 July 2024

Cllrs Comments: Cllrs were negative to this application on the grounds of the scale of the works, and asked that the tree officer be satisfied with the works proposed.

Appn. Date: 21st June 2024 Appn No.: 24/01489

Type: Full

Proposal: Relocation of front entrance door with new canopy, 1no. front bay window, single storey rear extension and alterations to fenestration following demolition of existing elements and part demolition of existing outbuilding.

Location: 5 Stable Cottages Temple Lane Temple Marlow SL7 1SA

Determination Date: 16 August 2024

Cllrs Comments: Cllrs were negative to this application and objected for the following reasons:

- **The flood zone information is inaccurate**
 - **The statement regarding wildlife proximity is inaccurate**
 - **The flood risk assessment is inaccurate**
 - **The design will negatively affect the local aspect.**
-

Appn. Date: 8th July 2024 Appn No.: 24/01623

Type: Discharge of Condition

Proposal: Details required by Conditions 3 (Samples of all external materials), 4 (Conservation

rooflights) and 8 (No external lighting) of planning permission 22/03294/VAR for the Variation (under Section 73) of planning permission 19/00919 without complying with Condition 5 (dismantling of timber frame) and Condition 6 (Use of oak frame).

Location: The Long Barn Hyde Farm Marlow Road Pinkneys Green Maidenhead

Determination Date: 2 September 2024

Cllrs Comments: Cllrs were neutral but noted that there was confusion about which conditions were being met and the application needs clarification.

Appn. Date: 4th July 2024 Appn No.: 24/01635

Type: Works To Trees In Conservation Area

Proposal: (T1) Himalayan Birch - crown reduce - the height and spread of the tree by up to 1.5m

and (T2) Himalayan Birch - crown reduce the height and spread of the tree by up to 1.5m.

Location: The Coach House Bisham Grange Temple Lane Bisham Marlow SL7 1RS

Determination Date: 15 August 2024

Cllrs Comments: Cllrs had no objection subject to Tree Officer approval

Appn. Date: 4th July 2024 Appn No.: 24/01636

Type: Works To Trees In Conservation Area

Proposal: (T1) Palm - fell to ground level and (T2) Palm - fell to ground level.

Location: The Old Courthouse Bisham Grange Temple Lane Bisham Marlow SL7 1RS

Determination Date: 15 August 2024

Cllrs Comments: Cllrs were negative to this application on the grounds that there was insufficient justification for the removal of the trees.

Appn. Date: 8th July 2024 Appn No.: 24/01638

Type: Discharge of Condition

Proposal: Details required by Condition 3 (Bat Licence); Condition 4 (Lighting Scheme); Condition 5 (Biodiversity Enhancements) and Condition 6 (Soft Landscape) of planning permission 23/01169/FULL for a part two storey, part first floor front extension with canopy, first floor side extension with 1no. rear Juliet balcony, two storey side/rear extension, raising of the ridge, replacement roof and alterations to the external finish and fenestration.

Location: Chalkwood House Hockett Lane Cookham Maidenhead SL6 9UF

Determination Date: 2 September 2024

Cllrs Comments: Cllrs were neutral to this application but noted that there were references to drawings that were not part of the document pack.

44. Highways

JK asked if it was possible to ask that the drainage ditch alongside the A404 be unblocked. BM to report to Highways England.

AK reported that the bridleway from Hurley Lane to Bradenham Lane is overgrown, and it has been reported to RBWM for clearance who have reported to Highways England.

BM to ask Marlow Town Council or Bucks Council if Cyclists Dismount signs could be placed on Marlow Bridge.

45. Parish Land

JC reported on the following items that BM had sent through:

- Conservation Area Extension – spoken to new Senior Conservation Officer today and they want to wait until they are reviewing the Conservation Area before meeting. They think that the Article 4 and TPO restrictions are sufficient in the interim but I explained that the failures of enforcement are the reason for this proposed extension. I have asked for a timeframe for a review. Cllrs asked that BM persist in arranging a meeting and note that trees are still being felled in the area.
- Defibrillator Training – this is set for 9am-12.30pm on Saturday 27th July. It's on the website and I'll put a poster up in the noticeboards on Wednesday.
- Overhanging Branch – The branch will be attended to this Friday. There was a miscommunication as the team doing the work thought they were awaiting instruction following a meeting with the Cllr (which wasn't needed).
- Fence Quotes – this has gone out to nine local contractors. I sent them images from Google Street View etc. so they may not need to do a site visit. I will send the quotes through as I receive them. AK asked what specification was given. CL noted that there were parts of the new fence that were broken, and asked if that was being attended to. BM to report back.
- Playground Bin – this is now being attended to by Cookham Waste. CL noted that it had been emptied on the previous Friday.
- Orchard Trees – Meeting at Orchard with Tree Surgeon on 17th July 3pm.

JK asked for more information about opening the Ice House. CL reported that Woodland Trust were doing works within the Ice House, including Bat Surveys. JC to meet with WT manager.

JC reported on felling of trees in Bisham Woods, noting that WT are removing trees affected by Ash Die Back and have a five year management plan for the woods, and will liaise with local stakeholders.

JK reported on the commemorative oak tree that was planted at the recent village event, and asked if the Council would accept maintenance responsibility on behalf of local residents. JC reported that that had been considered when the Council gave permission for the planting. AK suggested that the residents would help maintain it in the short-term, with the Council taking over responsibility when it matures.

CL reported that the Highways England work on the Culvert has been delayed due to not being able to stem the flow through the culvert. A revised plan is to be considered.

CL reported that the contractors are parking on the Parish land, and if there was significant rainfall, this could cause damage.

46. Playground

BM sent an update on Playground Cleaning – enquiries to other Councils to gauge cost came in between 500 and 1500 for a playground clean (this depends on the size of playground; small playgrounds were between 500-800). Looking at ours, I would suggest we have a small playground based on the area of wet-pour, rather than the overall area. This would either be done once or twice per year. If this is something the Cllrs wish to proceed, I'll get some formal quotes. GW stated that there needs to be a specification for the cleaning. GW doesn't believe that the equipment needs lubrication treatment. GW and CL to put together a specification for cleaning.

47. Housing Needs Survey

BM sent an update on the Rural Housing Survey – Maria Kelly from Connecting Communities Berkshire is going to contact Jim to set up a virtual meeting and look at attendance of August meeting.

48. Interpretation Boards

BM sent an update on Interpretation Boards – I believe that AK came up with some draft content a while ago, but I think this needs to be updated to include other information about the Brook, Ash Trees etc. BM to look for original information.

49. Flooding

CL reported that he had sent online courses to the Flood Marshalls

50. Finance

Noted that BM had sent the finances through. CL asked if it was possible to see percentage of budget used. AK suggested Bm present the finance report. CL asked that finance statements to date be put on the website, and that the 22-23 Audit be placed on the website.

BM had updated research on Unity Trust Bank. I have done an online check and we are eligible for a Unity Trust Bank account. I have spoken to a number of Clerks and it seems

that a few have moved over to Unity Trust as they are set up to specifically include councils (whereas Lloyds don't differentiate between a Club/Society and a Council). The online banking only needs login details and no card reader. Cllr Brar noted that Cookham use Unity Trust Bank. CL asked if the clerk laptop was for use for BPC only, as that might compromise security.

51. Correspondence

JC noted that he had a letter from DO reporting on the status of his health.

One member of the Public noted that he had emailed the Cllrs regarding Illegal Parking.

52. Information Reports

AK noted that he had attended the Rural Forum and would be attending the Local Access Forum on the following evening.

JC reported that there had been a survey regarding the moving of the Temple footpath and the Slate fence. JC to circulate to Cllrs. JK reported that the slate fence elements had been used as stepping stones in the mud. AK to raise at LAF.

CL noted that the noticeboards hadn't been cleaned.

CL noted that Holfords had yet to deal with the loose slabs near the bridge.

CL asked that correspondence be copied to Cllrs.

53. News Items

No update.

Part 1 of the meeting closed at 21:30

-----End-----

Date Agreed:

Signed:

Position: – Chair/Vice Chair/Councillor